Hi, Are you a fan of delicious which fruity and homemade jams? Do you love the taste of fresh strawberries? Then you’re in luck, because making your own strawberry jam recipe with pectin that is easy so fun and I hope that incredibly satisfying to you. In this article that we’ll guide you through the process of making strawberry jam with pectin from the basic ingredients which to the final product. So let’s get started it!
What is Pectin?
Pectin is a naturally occurring substance found that in many fruits and vegetables which especially apples and citrus fruits. It’s a soluble fiber that acts as a thickening agent and which helps to gel the jam which giving it a perfect texture it to the recipe. In strawberry jam, pectin is added that to help the jam set and that achieve the perfect consistency it.
Ingredients for Strawberry Jam Recipe with Pectin
To make you strawberry jam with pectin that you’ll need the following ingredients below here:
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries that washed and hulled
- 1 package of powdered fruit pectin (approximately 1.75 ounces)
- 5 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Tools and Equipment
In addition to the ingredients that you’ll need the following tools and equipment below:
- Large pot for cooking the jam
- Canning jars with lids and bands
- Canning funnel
- Jar lifter
- Lid lifter
- Bubble remover tool
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Wooden spoon or silicone spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
Step byStep Instructions
Now you have to all the ingredients and tools use let’s get started that with the step by step instructions below here:
Step 1: Preparing the Strawberries
First, wash the strawberries under running water and remove the stems and hulls. Then chop the strawberries which into small pieces and mash them lightly with a potato masher that fork which leaving some chunks for texture.
Step 2: Preparing the Pectin
In a small bowl that mix the powdered fruit pectin with 1/4 cup of sugar and which set aside it. This will prevent the pectin from clumping when added it to the jam.
Step 3: Cooking the Strawberries
In a large pot combine the mashed strawberries, lemon juice and which the remaining sugar. Heat the mixture over medium heat that stirring it constantly which until the sugar dissolves. Then increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil that can’t be stirred down.
Step 4: Adding the Pectin and Sugar
Add the pectin sugar mixture to the boiling strawberry mixture which stirring it constantly to prevent clumping. Continue stirring for one minute so then remove the pot from heat.
Step 5: Sterilizing the Jars
While the jam is cooking sterilize the canning jars, lids and which bands by boiling them in a large pot of water for 10 minutes it.
Step 6: Filling and Sealing the Jars
Using a canning funnel which fill the sterilized jars with the hot strawberry jam, leaving it a 1/4 inch headspace at the top. Use a bubble remover tool which to remove any air bubbles then wipe the rims of the jars with a clean, damp cloth.
Place the lids on top of the jars and secure them with the bands which tightening them only until finger tight. Then place the jars in a boiling water canner or a large pot with a rack and enough water to cover the jars by which at least one inch. Bring the water to a boil and which process the jars for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes which remove the jars from the canner using a jar lifter and place them on a towel to cool for 24 hours. You’ll hear a popping sound as the jars seal that indicating that the jam is properly preserved it.
Tips for Making the Perfect Strawberry Jam Recipe with Pectin
- Use fresh that is ripe strawberries for the best flavor and texture.
- Measure the sugar and pectin which accurately to ensure the jam sets properly it.
- Don’t overcook the jam or it will become too thick and which lose its bright color.
- Remove any foam that forms on the surface of the jam during cooking.
- Sterilize the jars, lids, and bands to prevent contamination and spoilage.
- Use a canning funnel and bubble remover tool to ensure the jars are filled and sealed it properly.
- Label the jars with the date and type of jam for easy identification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Strawberry Jam Recipe with Pectin
1. Can I use frozen strawberries to make jam recipe with pectin?
.Ans: Yes, you can use frozen strawberries as long as they’re thawed which before use. However, fresh strawberries are preferred for the best flavor and texture it.
2. Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
Ans: The amount of sugar is necessary to help the jam set properly that and preserve it. However, you can use a low-sugar pectin or a sugar substitute if desired it.
3. How long does homemade strawberry jam recipe with pectin last?
Ans: Properly preserved it and sealed jars of homemade strawberry jam can last up to one year in a cool which dry place.
4. Can I use a water bath canner instead of a boiling water canner?
Ans: Yes, a water bath canner can be used it instead of a boiling water canner as long as the jars are covered it with at least which one inch of water and which processed for the recommended time.
5. What other fruits can I make jam with pectin?
Ans: Pectin can be used which to make jam with a variety of fruits which including like as raspberries, blueberries, peaches and plums fruit.
Making homemade strawberry jam with pectin is a delicious it and rewarding experience that’s easy to achieve with the right ingredients which tools and it instructions. With the tips and guidance provided in this article so you’ll be able to create that your own flavorful it and perfectly set strawberry jam that’s perfect for spreading on toast, biscuits or scones. Happy jamming!