When it comes to comfort food which few dishes can beat a steaming bowl of potato soup. Old fashioned potato soup recipe is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for generations and for good reason. It’s hearty, filling and incredibly which delicious. In this article, we will share with you that our very own recipe for old fashioned potato soup, packed with tips and tricks to help you make the perfect bowl every time it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Potato Soup
6-8 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Chicken or vegetable broth :- 4 cups
Milk:- 1 cup of
Heavy cream:- 1 Cup
Cup of butter:- 1/4
Salt and pepper to your taste
Chopped chives or parsley for garnish (optional) (See Video)
1) Step:- In a large pot which melt the butter over that will be medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until they which are soft and fragrant.
2) Step:- Add the cubed potatoes and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce that the heat and simmer which until the potatoes are tender.
3) Step:- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup that until smooth. Alternatively you can transfer the soup to which a blender and blend which until smooth.
4) Step:- Add the milk and heavy cream to the pot and stir until well combined it. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Step:- Simmer the soup for an additional 10-15 minutes to which allow that the flavors to meld together.
6) Step:- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped chives or parsley which if desired that.
Tips and Tricks
1) Tips:- For an extra creamy soup that you can blend half of the potatoes with the broth before adding them to the pot.
2) Tips:- If you like a chunkier soup that you can mash some of the potatoes with a fork instead which of blending the soup.
3) Tips:- To make the soup vegetarian that use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omit the heavy cream.
4) Tips:- You can also add in other ingredients which such as bacon, cheese or sour cream to give the soup more flavor it.
Why Our Old Fashioned Potato Soup Recipe is the Best
Our old fashioned potato soup recipe is the best because it strikes the perfect balance between creamy and chunky. By blending some of the potatoes with the broth that we create a velvety texture that is incredibly satisfying it. We also use a combination of milk and heavy cream to give the soup a rich and creamy flavor without being too heavy.
Additionally, our recipe is very versatile. You can easily customize it to your liking by adding in different ingredients which such as bacon or cheese. It’s also easy to make that it vegetarian by using vegetable broth and omitting the heavy cream.
Overall, our old fashioned potato soup recipe is a classic dish that is perfect for comforting meals it. It’s easy to make which delicious and packed that with flavor. Try making it for yourself that today and see why it’s been a favorite for generations.
Sindhi Besan Tikki Recipe – Easy to Make at Home
Tortilla Soup Movie Recipes – Easy to Make at Home
Kitchenarm Bread Machine Recipes – 5 best Ideas
Muscle Maker Grill Signature Sauce Recipe
Noodles and Company Buttered Noodles Recipe
How to Make Mac and Cheese Sauce – Easy to Homemade
Beverage Recipe Development Ideas
Yau Mak Recipe Ingredients and Nutrition Value