The Ultimate Baker’s German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe. Are you in hunt of an exquisite cate that won’t only tantalize your taste kids but also leave your guests pining for further? Look no farther! We, the experts in baking, are then to partake with you the ultimate Baker’s German Chocolate cutlet with Coconut Pecan Frosting form that will really come the looker of your culinary force.
A Brief History of Baker’s German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe
Before we dive into the details of the form, so, let’s take a moment to appreciate the rich history of the German Chocolate cutlet. Contrary to its name, it has no direct German origins. The cutlet’s name is deduced from Samuel German, who created a type of dark baking chocolate that was used in the original form which published by Baker’s Chocolate Company in 1957. The form snappily gained fashionability and the cutlet has since come a cherished classic in American baking.
Ingredients for the Baker’s German Chocolate Cake
To create this delectable masterpiece, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Cake:
- 4 oz Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
For the Coconut Pecan Frosting:
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Making the Cake:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and greasing and flouring three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water and Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow it to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the melted chocolate until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparing the Coconut Pecan Frosting:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, granulated sugar, egg yolks, and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens, which should take approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans.
- Allow the frosting to cool to room temperature.
Assembling the Cake:
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread a generous portion of the coconut pecan frosting over the top.
- Add the second layer and repeat the process, followed by the third layer.
- Use the remaining frosting to generously cover the top and sides of the cake.
The Finishing Touch
Now that you’ve successfully created the Baker’s German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe, you can enhance the donation by garnishing it with fresh coconut flakes and pecan halves. This cutlet is a true masterpiece that will leave your guests in admiration.
1. What is Baker’s German Chocolate Cake, and why is it famous?
Baker’s German Chocolate Cake is a classic dessert known for its rich, chocolatey flavor and unique Coconut Pecan Frosting. It gained fame from its association with the Baker’s brand and its delicious, distinctive taste.
2. What are the key ingredients required for Baker’s German Chocolate Cake?
To make this cake, you’ll need German chocolate, butter, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, and egg whites. These ingredients come together to create the cake’s texture and flavor.
3. What makes the Coconut Pecan Frosting special?
The Coconut Pecan Frosting is a signature element of this cake. It’s a creamy blend of evaporated milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut. It adds a sweet and nutty layer of flavor and texture.
4. Can I use alternatives for German chocolate if I can’t find it?
Yes, if you can’t find German chocolate, you can substitute it with dark or semi-sweet chocolate. While it won’t be exactly the same, it will still result in a delicious cake.
5. How do I achieve the perfect texture for Baker’s German Chocolate Cake?
To ensure your cake is moist and tender, avoid overmixing the batter. Mix just until the ingredients are combined. Be precise with your measurements and remember to grease and flour your cake pans to prevent sticking.
6. What are some tips for Baker’s German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe?
When frosting the cake, allow it to cool completely first. Apply the frosting generously between layers and on top. You can also garnish with additional chopped pecans and shredded coconut for a beautiful presentation.
7. How should I store Baker’s German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting?
To keep your cake fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. For longer storage, refrigerate it. Be sure to place a piece of parchment paper between the cake and the storage container to protect the frosting.
8. Can I make Baker’s German Chocolate Cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cake layers in advance and freeze them until you’re ready to assemble the cake. This can be a time-saving option for special occasions.
9. Are there any creative variations of this recipe I can try?
Certainly! You can experiment with different types of nuts in the frosting, such as walnuts or almonds. Some bakers also like to add a layer of chocolate ganache for an extra chocolatey twist.
10. What are some serving suggestions for Baker’s German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe?
This cake pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. It’s perfect for celebrating birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion.