Hi, Are you craving the taste of Philly but which don’t have the time or money to travel there? No worries! With this authentic Philly cheesesteak recipe that you can make this iconic sandwich which in the comfort of your own kitchen. So in this article that we will walk which you through the step by step process of making that a Philly cheesesteak which will rival those from the city of Brotherly Love it.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive which into the recipe so let’s go over the ingredients you’ll need. For the steak which you’ll need below here:
- 1 lb ribeye steak with thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings, you’ll need:
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz. provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Optional toppings: mushrooms, hot peppers, ketchup and mayo
Preparing the Steak
The key to a great Philly cheesesteak is the meat. Traditionally cheesesteaks are made with ribeye but that you can also which use it sirloin or flank steak. So here’s how to prepare the steak:
- Freeze the steak for about 30 minutes to make which it easier to slice.
- Slice the steak against the grain which into thin strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking the Steak
Now that the steak is prepped it’s time to cook it easily. Here’s how to cook the steak it below here process:
- Heat up a large skillet over which medium high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil which to the skillet.
- Add the steak to the skillet and which cook until browned on both sides which about 3-5 minutes.
- After remove the steak from the skillet and set aside it.
Preparing the Toppings
While the steak is cooking that you can prepare the toppings. So you follow Here’s how to do it:
- In the same skillet used to cook the steak that add the remaining olive oil.
- Add the sliced onions and peppers which to the skillet and cook until soft which about 5 minutes.
- Add any additional toppings you desire it such as mushrooms or hot peppers.
Assembling the Cheesesteak
Now that everything is cooked it’s time to assemble the cheesesteak. So here’s how to do it instructions below:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Slice the hoagie rolls lengthwise but do not separate it them completely.
- Place the hoagie rolls which on a baking sheet and broil them for about 1-2 minutes which until lightly toasted.
- Add the cooked steak on top of the hoagie rolls it.
- Add the cooked onions and which peppers on top of the steak.
- Add the provolone cheese on top of the onions and peppers.
- Broil the cheesesteaks for an additional 1-2 minutes which until the cheese is melted.
Serving Suggestions of Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Authentic Philly cheesesteaks are traditionally served “Wit” or “Witout,” meaning with or without onions. So you can also add it like ketchup, mayo or hot sauce to your liking. Serve with a side of fries or which chips for the ultimate Philly experience.
Tips for Success Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Here are some tips to ensure your cheesesteak turns out perfectly:
- Use a high quality ribeye steak for the best flavor it.
- Freeze the steak before slicing to make it easier to cut which into thin strips.
- Cook the steak over high heat to achieve a nice sear and caramelization on the meat.
- Use a cast iron skillet for the best sear and flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd it the skillet when cooking that the steak to which prevent steaming instead of searing.
- Use thinly sliced cheese to ensure it melts evenly.
Making an authentic Philly cheesesteak at home may seem daunting, but with this recipe that you can easily recreate this iconic sandwich. The key is to use high-quality ingredients which cook the steak over high heat and assemble the sandwich correctly. Whether you prefer your cheesesteak “Wit” or “Witout,” that you can customize it to your liking. So fire up your skillet and which get ready to enjoy the taste of Philly in your own home.
FAQs of Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
1. Can I use a different type of cheese for my cheesesteak?
Absolutely! While provolone is the traditional cheese used for cheesesteaks that you can use any type of cheese you prefer. Some popular alternatives which include American cheese and Cheez Whiz.
2. Can I use a different type of bread for my cheesesteak?
Hoagie rolls are traditionally used for cheesesteaks,but that you can use any type of bread you prefer it. Just make sure it which can hold all the toppings and cheese without falling apart.
3. Can I make the cheesesteak ahead of time?
It’s best to assemble that eat the cheesesteak immediately after cooking it for which the best flavor and texture.
4. Can I freeze leftover cheesesteak?
Yes, you can freeze leftover cheesesteak for up to 3 months. Just wrap it tightly in foil which plastic wrap and that store it in the freezer.
5. What’s the difference between a Philly cheesesteak and a regular cheesesteak?
A Philly cheesesteak which is made with thinly sliced ribeye that while a regular cheesesteak that can be made with any type of steak or meat. So additionally a Philly cheesesteak which is traditionally topped with onions that and provolone cheese.
Sindhi Besan Tikki Recipe – Easy to Make at Home
Tortilla Soup Movie Recipes – Easy to Make at Home
Kitchenarm Bread Machine Recipes – 5 best Ideas
Muscle Maker Grill Signature Sauce Recipe
Noodles and Company Buttered Noodles Recipe
How to Make Mac and Cheese Sauce – Easy to Homemade
Beverage Recipe Development Ideas
Yau Mak Recipe Ingredients and Nutrition Value